Sunday 18 December 2011

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES



I'm still on a quest to help my girlfriend, who has celiac, get over feeling like she can't have her baked goodies! Today was all about chocolate chip cookies! I think I have the combination of ingredients down so that when you take a bite of this cookie, you won't even know it's gluten free! My husband ate 4 and he said he didn't even know they were gluten free! That's gotta be a good sign. I think these are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made, gluten free or not! I hope you enjoy them too!







Be sure to check that all of your ingredients are gluten free before you begin. I use Bob's Red Mill baking mix, love it!




Cream the butter, then add the sugars and mix.





Add the egg, combine thoroughly. Add the vanilla.





Keep mixing until smooth and creamy.





Add all the dry ingredients.




Mix until well combined.




Add the chocolate chips. I love this action shot!





Here is how the dough looks when it's ready for scooping!




Spoon or scoop onto a cookie sheet that has been either lined or greased. I use non-stick release foil, it's my favorite thing!





Remove them from the oven when the edges start to brown. We like our cookies a little chewy. If you like them crisp, cook a couple minutes longer.





Move to a wire rack to cook completely.







Yummy, delicious cookies!









Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


Charene Whorton 2011


Print version               





Ingredients







3/4 cup butter, softened


1/4 cup white sugar


1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar


3 teaspoon GF vanilla extract


2 eggs


2 cups GF baking mix


1/4 cup coconut flour


1 teaspoon baking soda


1 teaspoon baking powder


1 teaspoon salt


12 ounces milk chocolate chips









Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Sift together baking mix, coconut
flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.








In a medium bowl or stand mixer.
Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add the eggs and
vanilla and mix until smooth.  Add the
flour mixture a little at a time until all blended. Add the chocolate chips and
mix just until incorporated into batter. 


Spoon onto cookie sheet, spacing
about 2 inches apart. (I use a 2 T ice cream scoop). Bake for 8-10 minutes
until lightly browned on the edges for a chewy cookie and lightly browned all
over for a crisper cookie. (I cooked these at 350 convection for 8 minutes.
They were perfect. Soft and chewy when warm and firmer, yet still chewy when
cool.)


Remove from oven and let cool on
cookie sheet for a minute or two to firm up. Transfer to wire rack to cool
completely.





If using 2T
scoop, this recipe yields 36 cookies. If that's too many, I've done the math for 1/2 batch and the link to print that is here: Print 1/2 batch recipe





Note: I use Bob's Red Mill Baking Mix and don't add any Xantham Gum. Works great. I also use organic Coconut Flour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment