Sunday 18 December 2011

What is up with me?

So, we are leaving for the beach tomorrow afternoon and I don't have a single thing packed. Sure, I've got my planny mcplan-plan categorized list all together like nobody's business...but it's now time to actually do something. I was even in the house all alone(!) last night (cue crickets) and all I did was pull out the boys' big overnight duffel bag. Tomorrow morning, I will go do all our grocery shopping (yes, I do have my list already done) before we leave, so we can go straight to the condo & unload.

Before Pop came to be a permanent part of our home, I always used the guest room as a "staging area" before a trip. Then, I could put stuff in there on the bed and close the door. When I returned it would still be there just as I left it. Now he lives there & I don't think he would appreciate sleeping under 40 pounds of our crap.

The kids are always in & out of my office, and there's really no place to put things where they wouldn't go in and plunder through it.

So, I'm sitting here at way-to-early a.m., unable to sleep but also unable to really do anything.

Oh, and I get to clean out the van of chaos & have the oil changed today. Joy. It's already about four thousand degrees outside, and have I mentioned I'm not motivated?

In case you're wondering if I've been abducted by aliens...I am so excited and have great things planned for this trip. Homemade pancakes for breakfast! Glow stick bracelets & necklaces for the kids to wear on the beach at night! And the coolest travel games from Target. (They're in the coolest vintage tins--magnetic tic-tac-toe & license plate scavenger hunt). I'm putting together a bag of entertaining items for restaurant waits, too. Ideas?

I know I will get it all done. And it will be fabulous. If you need me I'll be on the beach with a trashy book.

No comments:

Post a Comment